Thursday, January 31, 2008

From the Archives: People of Faith

I've been going through much of my editorial work in order to spruce up that site, which I hope to re-launch soon. In the process, I found my "People of Faith" images, as well as the interview with Frank Stasio on NPR. For those who aren't familiar with this project, I set out a few years ago to take portraits of members of different faith traditions, and the journey took me all around the South. I met the most fascinating people, and heard their sometimes heart-wrenching stories of soul-searching and faith. I recorded their stories to accompany the images. The clip below is from "The State of Things," a radio talk show on our local NPR affiliate in Chapel Hill. There are some wonderful voices of the people I interviewed -- you can hear them via the link below. Oddly enough, I received a card in the mail this morning from Mahara Dasi, the Hare Krishna woman whose voice and photo appears here. It was so wonderful to hear from her -- she just wrote to say hello.

Man, I love what I do. I get to meet the most incredible people.

Audio Clip from NPR's "The State of Things" about "People of Faith":
boomp3.com
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This project is so amazing, so Abigail. You are such an inspiration...

Sign Up To Receive Our Newsletter





Email Marketing by VerticalResponse